It's a fact. Subject lines matter.
Subject lines are the most important part of the email.
The goal is to boost your open rates. Don't leave it to chance. Take time to figure out what works best for your business.
My preference is to write short and descriptive subject lines, but that doesn't always perform the best. My preference doesn't really matter. The results speak for themselves.
There are SO MANY options for your subject lines and it's up to you to decide what gets the best results. The only way to find out is to continue testing subject lines and compare results.
I went through my inbox and sorted subject lines by 7 categories. As you browse through these examples, I hope you come up with new ideas for your business.
- Birthday Gift For You! (used by Topgolf)
- Alison, up to 150,000 Points + a special offer are waiting (used by Hilton Honors)
- Claim Your Freebie! (used by Chatbooks)
- The Closest Thing to No Underwear (used by Bombas)
- Alison | Important Reminder Inside (used by Eyeglass World)
Ask A Question:
- Need a Last-Minute Gift? (used by Birchbox)
- Can you keep a secret?
- Did you leave something behind? (used by Shutterfly)
- Want to be parent of the year? (used by Stitch Fix Kids)
- Final Hours | Up To 25% Off Everything (used by ZGallerie)
- 👀 Last call for 25% OFF EVERYTHING! (used by Luca + Danni)
- 50% OFF TANKS! Limited Inventory! 🔥 (used by Shield Republic)
- You scored a *NEW* 20% off coupon! 🎊🥳 (used by Bed Bath & Beyond)
- Meow 🐱 (used by Disney+)
- 🧙 It’s Not a Party Witch-Out You! (used by Party City)
- 15% Savings Just For You, Boo 👻 (used by Party City)
- 📩 Get a head start on your holiday cards & receive 10 FREE (used by Shutterfly)
- Catch Some 😎 Rays In Orlando Or Las Vegas (used by Hilton Grand Vacations)
- 6 ways to start your day off right! (used by Williams Sonoma)
- Sale Now On! Save up to 60% (used by Padders)
- An extra 15% off for you (used by Walgreens)
- 5 ways to learn through holiday cooking (used by KiwiCo)
Make it STAND OUT from all other emails in the inbox:
- Alison, clearance... Is... E-X-T-E-N-D-E-D ! ! ! (used by Wayfair)
- VANITIES⭕⭕⭕ MEGA WEEKEND SALE ⭕⭕⭕ (used by Wayfair)
- 40%, 30% or 20% off ... your mystery savings are waiting to be revealed! (used by Kohl's)
- goooooooood morning 25% off early access (used by Fair Harbor)
This list should give you enough ideas to get started writing subject lines.
Would you like more tips like this for better success with email marketing? Subscribe below and I'll send you weekly tips and best practices.